June 08, 2010

Born to be a father

My buddy asked me the other day, how is it being a dad? "Born to be a father", is the first words that came out. I am not sure if all dads think that way or if even my dad thought that way. This is not a bash against my own father by any means.

Thinking about her , making sure she is taken care of , kissing her every time i see her, waiting in anticipation for her next anything are all things i was born to feel. i often have to try an hold back my excitement when i talk about Hailee.
Still not 100% sure how i will channel that into actually being a good father but trust me i will figure it out. I know i cant know it all and do it all or be there every time but i can try cant I?

I find myself being more focused around her and getting more things down around her. Some how getting the lawn done by 10am , getting the trash out early, or getting the floor mopped means more to me. making her little word better is everything i want to do. i say this more as a rant more than anything. I am not sure I have a take away this time around. Know this however, when you see me know that: He is a life coach, a friend, a husband but he was Born to be a father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comments. That is what blogging is all about. Please foward the Blog on to others.